Choose an insurance to learn about
How it works
Find out everything you ever (or never) wanted to know about insurance. Unbiased advice, without the jargon.
Use HonestPolicy.com to compare insurance quotes side by side to find the best option – and save money doing it.
Apply and buy through Honest Policy and let our licensed partners handle the rest. Free of hassle, free of charge.
We’ve helped many people
And they actually enjoyed it.
The top five questions people ask us.
We’ve set a high bar to make Honest Policy the only insurance site you’ll need. That means we:
- Offer all the top insurance companies so you don’t have to shop elsewhere
- Explain what you need to know in plain English so you don’t have to research elsewhere
The insurance industry also hasn’t treated consumers well. This is how we’re different:
- We don’t require your contact info to get quotes. Unlike other sites, you can shop freely and anonymously here
- Our team of licensed experts focus on great advice, not pushy sales. They’re salaried, not commissioned, so they’re on your side
Don’t just take our word for it. See what others are saying about their experience working with us by visiting HonestPolicy.com
As a company, we get paid a commission by insurance companies for policies we sell. But don’t worry: these commissions are already baked into the price of all insurance policies. This means you never pay extra to use our service.
We understand that commissions introduce a potential conflict of interest. But we avoid that conflict by:
- Being transparent: showing you all quotes from all companies, so that you can decide what to buy (or not to buy)
- Focusing on advice: every day we publish free resources to help you make smart decisions about insurance. Also, our licensed experts are salaried, not commissioned, so that they can focus on advice and customer service, not sales.
- Being values-driven: one of our company values is to live by the Golden Rule with our customers and with each other. For example, we could make a lot more money by selling whole life insurance over term life insurance, but we don’t believe that’s the right thing for most consumers. So we don’t do it.
Yes, we’re licensed in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
No, we’re an independent insurance broker. What that means is that we represent multiple insurance companies and have no bias to recommend one over another. We only work with insurance companies that have at least an A- financial rating – this means you can be confident that you’re buying from a very reputable insurance company. For us it’s important you find the right insurance policy for your needs. When insurance companies compete for your business, you win.
Here’s the deal: you can’t get a cheaper price for a given policy from Insurance Company X from us, from another broker or directly from Insurance Company X. That’s because each insurance company files their prices with the state regulators, and everyone has to use those prices. It’s illegal for us or anyone else to discount that price.
But here’s where you can save money: by comparing insurance policies for Insurance Company X, Insurance Company Y and so on. Each company competes to offer the best product at the best price – and you as a consumer win by looking at the whole market (like you would do on Amazon). At Honest Policy, we strive to offer all the top insurance companies, to make sure you get the best policy for you, and save money.